Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

My day today


This is a picture of my 2 boys - Deniska and Nikolai. They are 6 years old and keep me on my toes. Today, Deniska fell on the gravel and had a skinned knee and hand. Poor little thing.

Nikolai continues to gain English everyday. He is just a little sponge soaking up the language and having a home. For the first time, he asked if he could have some ice cream. Perhaps he is feeling like this is home and he can ask for food! :-)

Dennis took the boys to Lowe's today for their children's workshop. They made toy wooden race cars. Lowe's provided all the material and each boy came home with a race car, work apron, and goggles. Oh, I almost forgot, a Nascar race patch. They were very proud of their handiwork.

While they were gone, I repaired the wagon. I don't know why I always get stuck with doing repairs around here?!!!

I visited Mama in the nursing home tonight. I don't know which is hardest - the times that she doesn't know who I am or the times that she is clear minded. Tonight she knew who I was and wanted to know about the boys. I told her about the work I had been doing in her yard, which pleased her. She didn't want me to go and kept kissing me. I left in tears. I miss her so much.

Well, I guess that is all I will write for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.