Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tuesday ramblings

Today has been a busy day and I am checking is as the boys are having "quiet" time. They have to be quiet for an hour. If they need a nap, they usually go to sleep but sometimes they just rest. I have to do this not only for them but for me too. I need that quiet time as well. :)

I went to the nursing home this morning for a Care Plan meeting for Mama. The nursing staff feels that she is in the last stages of Alzheimer's but would not commit to a time frame. I understand that completely. She will go when it's time, not before. They are taking her off her last Alzheimer's medicine. I feel sad about that but no need to pay for it if it's not doing her any good. She did not really know us this morning. She loved the roses I took to her. She told my brother over the phone that they came out of my garden since she didn't have an rose bushes in her yard. (She has had rose bushes since the beginning of time!) I am not sure who she thought I was today - maybe someone she grew up with? Other than that, she seems to be doing well. She goes in and out of kidney failure but the nurse seemed to think that also had to do with dehydration.


I left the nursing home and went to the grocery store. Our local Bi-Lo is having a promotion of spend $35 and receive a token. When you have 10 tokens, you can trade it in for a $25 Exxon gas card. I already have one $25 card and am working on the 2nd one. I asked the cashier to ring my order up in $35 increments. I don't think she liked that but it is not against the rules. Anyway, I ended up with 2 tokens from today. Most of the items were close-out or coupon sale items (except for the bread, fruit, and milk). I need to figure up my savings on these sales.

One of the items they had on sale was stew beef. I got 2 packs and have one pack in the slow cooker now to make vegetable soup. I thought today would be a good day for that. My children are so excited over having "soupa" tonight!

In a little while, I am going to shampoo our living room carpet. I noticed a lot of little stains from tea and juice. This will be a good project for the boys to help me with. Well, it's almost time for them to be up so I need to get on the move.

3 comments:

  1. How nice to see your mother's bright face! My heart breaks for you when you write about her and her illness. I will keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful lady your mother is. Even though I understand about her illness there is kindness that radiates in her face.
    Merlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother has the sweetest smile.Thanks for sharing your mother with us.

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.