Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thrift Store Finds

This morning I went to 2 of my favorite thrift store - one is Habitat for Humanity Resale and the other is Tribble Center (which benefits mentally disabled adults). I found some really nice things for very little money. I seem to be fascinated with hearts lately. I bought the copper heart for my kitchen and the ceramic heart for my office or bedroom. I got a new little lampshade for the one that the kitty cats tore up recently. I will have to "decorate" it for I could never have just a white shade!!

OK - I admit that the kitten did not come from the store. He immediately plopped down to inspect the goods. I am very excited about the plastic cross stitch frames for the Christmas tree. and just look at those pieces of fabric that are just beautiful - 50 cents each!!! The 18 ct Aida cloth was a real find for me!! It's a rather large piece just waiting for thread to make it into a treasure!


Here's a close up of the cute little ceramic heart. I also fell in love with those cute pink rick rack napkins. One of the napkins is not in good shape (looks like grease stains?) I will see if I can get it back to looking good. If not, they are fine for everyday use. They make me smile!


This was a prize! Cross-stitched napkins. I guess I bought these because I knew the work and love that went into such an endeavor. I am thinking of making hearts out of them so I can hang them. They all have spots and stains on them. However, they will be perfect to recycle into another piece of art!

And finally, a Stoney Creek kit will all the parts. It's a Cinnamon Stick bag with the cutest rabbit. Isn't he cute?!

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    What great finds! Wish we had some thrift stores here in our small town but we don't.I would really enjoy looking around.Sounds like more fun to me than going to yard sales.Everything would be in one place.I enjoy going to flea markets.Haven't been to one in ages.

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.