Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

We have a new bishop

Picture borrowed from Our Beautiful Catholic Faith

Benedict XVI has appointed Msgr Robert Guglielmone, rector of St Agnes Cathedral in Rockville Centre, as the 13th bishop of Charleston, one of the nation's eight oldest dioceses. (The Diocese of Charleston was established by Pope Pius VII on July 11, 1820.)


In the post shepherding the state's 185,000 Catholics (which is roughly 5% of the state), the 63 year-old pick succeeds Bishop Robert Baker, who was transferred to the diocese of Birmingham in August 2007.


We have been without a bishop for far too long. I am thankful for new leadership.


No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.