Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Oh my throat!

Does this look like a child running a 100+ degree temp and was diagnosed with strep throat today? No, I say. But it is. Poor little Deniska quit eating yesterday morning. He said his throat hurt last night. Dennis and I knew it was strep throat. The child gets strep throat at a drop of a hat. A throat culture was done and sure enough, he has strep throat.

What are the symptoms of strep throat? The most common symptoms of strep throat are:
A sudden, severe sore throat. (No, he did not have that.)
Pain when you swallow. (No, he did not have that.)
Fever over 101F. (yes, he did have that)
Swollen tonsils and lymph nodes. (the doctor said it was slightly swollen on one side)
White or yellow spots on the back of a bright red throat. (the doctor said he did not have that)
You may also have a headache and belly pain. (he said his stomach felt funny)

Less common symptoms are a red skin rash, vomiting, not feeling hungry, and body aches. (no,no, yes, no)

So, we are hoping that we caught it in the early stages and the medicine will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.