Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Celery boy

I went to town on Sunday and bought groceries for the week. While I was at the grocery store, I saw a huge bunch of celery. I don't always use celery right away but I had plans for it in my coming week with various dishes. Unbeknown to me, Deniska had been taking celery for his snack at lunch. That was OK, I still had plenty of celery - after all, this bunch was HUGE! Tonight, a mere 2 days later, he informs me that he has eaten all the celery and needed more. He said it was the best celery he has ever had. What? Isn't celery all the same? Apparently not! So, I suppose the next trip to the grocery store will find me buying more celery!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog...love this post about the celery! When my son was home (currently away at college) it was nothing to plan my meals, including leftovers, and end up with tonights dinner being someone's afternoon snack!!

    Thanks,
    Mary B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celery? Now that's quite a snack to eat a whole bunch. Good thing it's healthy eating! I get sad at the end of flower season too, but here it is December, and I still have some blooming. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.