Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Conversations with Nikolai


Nikolai: Mom, I made a 93 on my reading test. That's not too good is it?

Mama: Nikolai, that is a good score. I am proud of that grade.

Nikolai: I don't think it is too good.

Mama: Well, Nikolai, it is an A.

Nikolai: But Mom, I am an A+ student!

Mama: Nikolai, it's OK not to get a 100 on every test or quiz. Both of my boys are smart! Papa and I just want you to do your best.

Nikolai: Well, I did get a hundred on my spelling test and my math test. You know, Deniska is just a B+ student! (giggle)

I don't know where Nikolai gets his drive to make straight A's. I wish he would lighten up on himself and not set such high standards. Deniska, on the other hand, is happy no matter what his grade is. He is just happy all the time.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, gotta love that sibling rivalry!
    very sweet boys you have.

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.