Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowmen...snowladies..snowpersons?

My mother-in-law gave me these beautiful snow people for Christmas.  Apparently, they released some type of snow storm for we are still covered up in snow.  We have been out of school all week and I don't see us going tomorrow due to poor road conditions.  We are just not prepared for heavy snow and ice in the South.  But, I do LOVE these snowmen.  My mother-in-law always gives really nice gifts that is just what I want!  Aren't they cute? 
I also wanted to show you these framed tatted pieces.  They were made by my uncle's aunts and are well over 100 years old.  Mama had them framed and I brought them to my house this Christmas.  I just love that she had the cross framed with the Christmas trees.  I guess she wanted to make sure we did not forget the real meaning of Christmas!


This is another framed tatted piece made by the same ladies and is also over 100 years old.  These hang in my bedroom all year long.  I am inspired by the workmanship and the lasting art.

Have a good day everyone!





3 comments:

  1. Susan,

    You know how much I love snow people! You better lock your doors - LOL!

    Love the framed tatted pieces too! So watch your back on those also - tee hee!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so nice! the tatting pieces are so unusual and the framing really shows them off.

    your snowpeople are cute. In general I am not a fan of snow though and have no idea why people always want it for Christmas. especially when it makes travel and walking treacherous.
    I do hope you are enjoying your snow. And hopefully it will go away soon and not come back for 10 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow people!!

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.