Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

In a little over an hour it will be Christmas. It's hard to believe that a year has rolled around once again. This past year has been a year of sorrow and sadness for me, along with some happiness. The death of my mother has been incredibly hard over the year; this has been balanced by knowing she is out of her misery and is in a far better place with the people she loved best. I must say that Hospice has been my biggest supporter over the past year. I always got a letter or a card for each of those hard times. Well, enough of that. I believe you must have the valleys of life in order to appreciate the mountain tops. And, if you never climb the mountain to the top, how will you see where you have been?



We attended Christmas Eve mass tonight. It was very good and we enjoyed our time at church (as we always do!) Afterwards, we let Dennis' new toy, his Garmin GPS, lead us to an Applebee's for dinner. It was an Applebee's we were not familiar with at all. It was fun to travel new territories and see new sights. I am still not over my stomach bug so I mostly just sipped my drink and played with my food. Matter of fact, Garmin (Gabby as we like to call her!) took us a new way to church tonight with lots of pretty scenery. Gotta love her!!

1 comment:

  1. Greg has a Miss Garmin, and she's been both a great help and an annoyance when we've been traveling. Sometimes we change the language and have her direct us in German. Fun stuff! (Is it embarrassing that this is how we have fun.)

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.