Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Deniska!

Happy 8th birthday Dear Deniska! I can't believe my little one is 8 years old today! How quickly time passes. I baked him a birthday cake today. He really enjoyed every bite of it as he ate!




This business of birthday celebrating is fairly new to me. I grew up in a family that did not make a big deal of birthdays. We were told Happy Birthday and that was about it. I don't remember ever getting a present on a regular basis. It just wasn't a big deal. My husband, however, comes from a family where birthdays are celebrated. It wasn't until after Deniska came along that we started celebrating birthdays. It's a big deal for our children.
Deniska and I were in Wal-Mart this morning at 7 AM for birthday shopping. This year, he requested to do his own birthday shopping. I thought that was a great idea. So we gave him 2 gift cards, and along with his birthday money from other folks, he had quiet a stash. He shopped very wisely and with his brother in mind. I am very proud of him.
We are going out to eat at Los Amigos tonight after church. It's his favorite restaurant. I know he wants the waiters to sing Happy Birthday to him. He is such a ham!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Deniska.
    Your birthday cake looks quite yummy.How much fun it must have been to shop for your gifts using the gift cards and birthday money.Sounds like a very special 8th birthday.My grandson Jeremy who turns 8 next April said to tell you happy birthday from him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Deniska! That cake looks delicious!! Did the waiters sing Happy Birthday? You should all come to San Antonio and you can have Mexican food down by the River Walk with us :)
    Hugs, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Deniska! Our Cheyenne will be 8 this Friday, Dec 19th. We make a huge deal out of birthdays. I don't remember birthdays being a big deal when I was growing up, so when we started having our own kids, we made birthdays a huge deal. The birthday child picks out what they want for dinner that night, and we make a happy occassion out of the special day. I'm always amazed at people who don't think children should be made "much" of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you,
    happy birthday to you,
    happy birthday dear Deniska,
    happy birthday to you!

    Birthday hugs all the way from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.