Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

24 hours a day




Time in A Bottle

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them

~Jim Croce


******************************************

I'm not sure that adding time to a bottle would necessarily be a good thing. But, I sure would like to have a few more hours in a day. There is just too much to do during certain times of the year. I have had something to do every night this week: Monday was Attendance School; Tuesday was Homebound with my student; Wednesday was an appointment at home. I am looking forward to just staying at home tonight. Twelve hours work days are really getting to me.


The weather today is miserably cold! The cats won't even go outside! I am sure that the wind blowing doesn't help any! Tonight's low is 15 and tomorrow's high is 32! B-R-R-R!!!!! OH I know you folks with REALLY cold weather are laughing at me but we are just not used to such cold temps.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the lyrics to Time In A Bottle.I remember the song but have never read the lyrics.It is already down to 9 here.I am afraid that we will head on down to - whatever overnight.Schools are opening on a 2 hour delay opening.I think that they should close but guess a grandparent's opinion doesn't really count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for not wanting to work 12 hour days. That is too much. I hope it is just for this week and things calm down very soon.

    Is the cold weather scheduled to stay? We warmed up and all the ice is melting fast. I wish it was still cold here. It was so beautiful out.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am laughing at you saying that 32 degrees is cold - that's a heat wave! Today it was 19 degrees here and it felt wonderful compared to the -20 degree temps we had here just a couple of days ago. I almost took off my coat today when I was out and about, lol!

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.