Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Why a shamrock?
Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Trinity, and has been associated with him and the Irish since that time.

In His Footsteps:
Patrick was a humble, pious, gentle man, whose love and total devotion to and trust in God should be a shining example to each of us. He feared nothing, not even death, so complete was his trust in God, and of the importance of his mission.
Today, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day at our home and at school. The boys wore new green shirts to school (I didn't want them to get pinched!)

Tonight for dinner, I cooked corned beef, cabbage, carrots & onions. I served this with Key Lime cake for dessert. (The Key Lime cake was made by Sara Lee.) It was a pretty meal with all the combinations of color. (Especially since I am still using my Christmas china!) Deniska declared the corned beef to be the "best cow" he had ever tasted. (They are learning what meat comes from what animal. Every night we have to discussed what animal we are eating. It's enough to make you want to become vegetarian or vegan!) This was the first time that I had ever cooked corned beef. It was pretty good; but, I can wait a year until we have it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.