Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bubblegum

I don't like despise loathe hate bubblegum!  There, I said it and I don't care. When we had the boys' braces put on, the orthodontist made it very clear - no bubble gum!!  Today, Dennis caught 1 boy chewing bubblegum and the other admitted to it as well.  Mama is not happy and you know the saying, "When Mama is not happy, no one is happy!"  This applies double to me tonight.  Early bedtime, no TV, etc....  Perhaps I over reacted just a bit, but honestly, they have got to learn that no means no!  Not sometimes, not maybe, not every now and then, not EVER!  Now, both are acting sweet and staying low - out of my seeing and hearing range....but I know they are there.  Plotting against me to get another piece of bubblegum.  I think I need a piece of bubblegum!!


Melanie asked where the bubblegum came from - their Halloween stash that they had hidden from me!


2 comments:

  1. oh, boys will be boys sometimes :)

    I did not like gum when my children were young and not becuase of braces, but just the messes it could make. Jimmy was chewing gum when we were out doing errands, he threw his piece out the window but it blew back in the van and landed firmly in my hair.
    nope, I was not happy and I don't remember how we got that gum out as we did not even have money to stop and buy scissors.
    Needless to say, I think gum was banned for about 2 years after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bubblegum won't hurt them, even with braces. Been there, done that. :-) I was just wondering though, if you don't approve of bubblegum, esp. with braces, where did they get it?

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.