These are my new wheels.
Things I miss being in a wheelchair:
1. Going into my closet to pick out my own clothes
2. Being able to take a shower without it being a major ordeal with wrapping up my "boot" in plastic, getting the shower chair in the shower, etc....
3. Cooking! You would be surprised how hard it is to cook when you are sitting down in a chair. It takes a lot longer and you need help to get things out of the top cabinets and pantry. Plus, the oven door does not like me in my chair. I am a little afraid of it when I use the oven.
4. Driving - I can't drive which is OK since I can't really get out of the house without help. I still miss that independence.
5. Going outside. I can't really go outside any time I want because my door has a drop on the outside. It's easy when I have help but not so much on my on.
Things I appreciate about my chair:
1. It is comfortable since I have to have my leg elevated all the time.
2. It affords me the ability to get around. I don't have to just stay in my bed,
3. People have been very nice opening doors for me and offering to help.
4. It allows me to go to my many doctor appointments.
5. It lets me spend more time with my husband since he is the one who rolls me around outside of the house. We have had many laughs and shared times with my chair - like the day (as he was talking) he rolled me to the trunk to put me in the car!
So, we are all rolling along here and doing fine!