Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall is finally here (I thinK!)



I'm pretty sure fall is here - lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s. The leaves are falling and Halloween will be here in a week. To me, that spells fall. It's rainy here today and chilly.

I have been sick this week with sinusitis. It has made for a miserable week. Sitting outside at night for 2 soccer games in freezing temps did not help either. The boys won their first tournament game and lost their 2nd one (of which I was very thankful!) Deniska is an excellent defender. Nikolai is a good goalie or forward. They are glad that soccer is over too! I noticed that a local church is having sign-ups for Upward basketball. Both boys want to play and I suppose we will let them. More games to go to but at least it's inside.

Back to being sick. I was going to my doctor today but my chiropractor sent word through my husband to come to him first. So, yesterday after school, I dragged myself and 2 boys to the chiropractor's office. He used laser therapy on my sinuses and what a big difference it has made. I think I will go back next week for another treatment. I stayed home from school today.

This morning I went to vote. I just couldn't see standing in line with 2 seven year old boys trying to keep them quiet and contained. After voting, I went to Wal-Mart to pick up my medicine and to Staples. Yes, you are right. I forgot all about my medicine - good grief! I will have to go back. I did pick up some good deals. Here they are:

Green Giant Steamers 2 @ $1.23 (used 2 $1.00 coupon printed from the Internet)

Airwick Mini Kit 6 @ $6.00 (used 6 $4.00 coupons from papers)

Blocks of Cheddar and Pepper jack Cheese 8 @ $2.18 (used 4 $1.00 coupons)

Fully Loaded Campbell's Soup 2 @ $2.48 (used .75 cent coupon)

Swanson's Chicken Broth 5 @ $2.38 (used 5 $1.00 coupon)

3 lb Cat food 1 @ $4.77 (used 1 $2.00 coupon)

Total cost - $77.53

Coupons - $38.75

Savings - 50%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STAPLES

5 packs of pens @ $5.99 (clearance for 50 cents each)

Total cost - $29.95

Sale price - $2.50

Savings - 92%

I am beginning to think of Christmas gifts. I would like to make most of them. Time is a factor. Well, that is probably more than you wanted to know. I hope to start posting more since soccer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.