Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2024

The vultures tried to warn me!

How did it get to be October?!! We survived Hurricane Helene. The power was out at our house for 2 days. My friend, who lives a few miles from me, was out for over a week. We are on 2 different power companies and I suppose that was the difference. There are still pockets without electricity further up the mountain that is not easily reached. Our county has not reported any deaths from Helene and that makes me very thankful. Cleanup is starting today as far as removing broken power poles and downed lines. People are still cleaning up trees and will for the foreseeable future. 

Several weeks before the storm, I had these two visitors on my patio deck.

Perhaps I should have paid more attention to their message! Vultures are good harbingers of signs to come. Their wingspan was close to 5 or 6 feet. They are huge. 

My heart goes out to all the victims of Hurricane Helene and to Hurricane Milton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment