Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blessings of Family & Friends

My sister-in-law, Lillian, sent me a brand new punch needle kit today. I have been wanting to try this craft and now I have a needle and hoop. I just need a design which I have already decided upon.

Speaking of nice surprises, I had an extra special one in my email box today! I received a $15 gift card from an Internet friend to Amazon. Who doesn't need an Amazon gift card?! I can't wait to see what I decide to spend it on - maybe a Christmas present for next year.

Lastly, Dennis and I decided that we needed to have the boys do regular chores. This week Nikolai has kitchen duty and Deniska has vacuuming and trash patrol. Needless to say, this was not met with a lot of enthusiasm but one they did with a happy heart. They are such good boys (especially when they are asleep!)




4 comments:

  1. I do remember training up boys to do chores. :)
    Jimmy used to tie a bandana on his head, like Aunt Jemima, he was just a bit dramatic. And I remember Bobby reciting at the top of lungs "whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might" while he cleaned.
    They are not perfect, but they do keep their own homes clean now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun shopping with the gift card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and being a part of my giveaway. I hope you are feeling better today.

    Blessings! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that they are learning to help out now Susan. I think boys should learn to do things. Jos was never made to do a thing which is not good. He is unsure of how to do things around the house and unfortunately has to when I am having bad attacks. Your boys will be great independant men one day.

    Have fun with your Amazon gift card. What a fun gift to receive.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.