Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Conversations from the back seat


Coming home today, this was the conversation:


Deniska: Nikolai, do you know how many times you blink a day?

Nikolai: No, who cares?

Deniska: Blinking is important. Do you know why?


(By now, I am thinking I have a budding scientist or maybe a doctor in the future!)


Nikolai: Why Deniska?

Deniska: When we blink, we take pictures. When we get to Heaven, we get to see all those pictures! Won't that be fun?! I bet no one else has ever thought of that.

Nikolai: (no comment)

(OK, so maybe a future theologian!)

Isn't that a sweet thought? He told me that he thought of that in school today while the teacher was doing something like reading a book to them. I can tell he was really interested in her reading.... How many times have we thought of freezing a moment in time? I remember the first time Deniska really hugged me tight and the first time he told me that he loved me. I would love to "see" those pictures over and over. Of course, there are many pictures I would not care to ever see again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is now several hours later. The boys are all off to Religious Education. This is their last class until September. I will miss my Wednesday nights of quiet and solitutde for 4 months! The dishes are cleared, the kitchen is clean, the TV is off, and my house is still. Tonight for dinner I fixed grilled ham steak, yeast rolls, mixed vegetables, creamy mashed potatoes with cheese, and an apple pie. Deniska ate until I thought he would pop! He even out ate his daddy.
Oh foot! I just remembered that I wanted Deniska to change jeans. On the bus today, he and Nikolai pulled the elastic out of the jeans trying to get the jeans tighter. They are too big for him. Poor little thing will have to walk around holding up his pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.