Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's raining

It's raining, it's pouring;

The old man is snoring.

Bumped his head

And he went to bed

And he couldn't get up in the morning.

Isn't it funny that when you see something, a nursery song will run through your mind? At least it does with mine. When I looked out and saw the rain, I immediately starting singing this little song.

What joy it is to me to look out my office window and see rain, beautiful, glorious rain! We have been in an extreme drought situation for well over a year. It rained a little last night, but this is a slow easy constant rain - woohoo!! I hope it continues for just a little while. We desperately need rain.

Since I couldn't take a picture of the rain, I took a picture of Deniska's motorcycle seat. It's so nice to see droplets of rain on there. My grass is brown; the weeds are even dying. Pretty bad when you can't even grow weeds!

I can almost hear the plants breathe a sigh of relief at the water.

Thank you God for the rain.

PS - OK, I'm a little obsessed in using the "r" word. I used it 10 times in the above paragraph. Hmm, must be raining!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.