Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2 boys + 1 truck = FUN!

The boys wanted to go camping last night, so I let them. They pulled the patio chair cushions into the bed of the truck, (along with water, a flashlight, food, tissues, a trash can, pillows, blankets, and an assortment of other items) and made a nice, comfy bed. They were parked in the driveway, but you would have thought they were in the wilderness. First, they wanted to look at the stars, then they heard sounds in the woods (we live in a rural area), and then they could not settle down. Deniska said that Nikolai kept squirming around and kept the light on. Finally, after the 100th trip in the house, their daddy told them to go to sleep. They had a good time on their camping trip! It was a really hot day yesterday and I don't think they were prepared for it to be so cool in the morning. They were ready to come in and warm up!



Nikolai has been a grouch today. I don't think that he handles changes very well. Deniska asked if he could just go by himself tonight to camp since Nikolai was not a good camping buddy. I am thinking we need to look into buying them a sturdy tent to put up outside. I don't think their daddy wants to keep sharing his truck with the two campers!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Our girls want to camp out, but we have no tent, nor a truck. I'm thinking a tent would make a great gift for a birthday or Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like fun! Did they end up staying out all night? I'm betting they eventually came inside. LOL

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.