Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Copper River Grill Disappoints

CRG_logo

The boys and I met Dennis at Copper River today for lunch.  Deniska and I had really looked forward to eating there since we rarely go there.  The hostess seated us and we waited, and waited, and waited.  People came in after us and was immediately served.  We still sat and waited and waited.  Did I mention that we waited?  Oh, I see that I did.  FINALLY, a waitress arrived without any explanation.  I said, “We were beginning to wonder if we had a waitress today.”  She said, “Yes, there was a mix-up on who was serving this table.”  No apology was offered, nothing.  She took our drink order and disappeared before we even had a chance to order.  Then, we waited, and waited, and waited.  Are you beginning to see a pattern here?  Dennis arrived 10 minutes later and we were STILL waiting on our drinks.  Dennis was on a lunch break and certainly did not have hours to wait for lunch.  So, we decided to leave.  I don’t know if the waitress ever came back or not.  I suspect there was something going on that we were not privy to – perhaps a power struggle between the wait staff?  Who knows!  I don’t know if we will ever eat there again. 

UPDATE:  the store manager emailed me and said that he had talked to the server in question and rectified the problem.  He is sending us a gift card to use at the restaurant.  I thought that was very nice of him. 

3 comments:

  1. that is too bad, did you get some lunch somewhere else?

    I think bad service is just going to be alot more common though, so many people don't even know what good service and good manners are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan....that is one of our pet peeves in a restaurant.To sit there and wait and wait while others around you that came later get served.Good for you for walking out.Did you get to eat somewhere else?
    I would contact the chain(guess it is a chain since I have never heard of it)and tell them about your experience.I have done that in the past and have been a gift card to use at one restaurant.
    One time it happened at Applebees a few years back.We asked to speak to the manager.The manager came to our table and gave us a receipt for complimentary meals for both me and Ken the next time we came in.
    It pays to voice your frustrations to the restaurant manager.

    I see your cat clock is back.The cat clock was what I was commnenting on the other day.I looked again and it was just a cat.Does it change around from the clock to the cat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good! glad you heard from them and hope it works out better next time

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.