I am really thinking of ways to save money since we are adding on to our house. Although I have not told the rest of my family, we are going on a debt diet. I just need to write it down for myself so I can keep my part on track. I think February is the perfect month to start being more frugal!
Week 2 was an easy week to save money. The snow really helped us all to stay home and not spend money!
Savings for Week 2:
1. I cooked all the meals. Soup for lunch several days and then a nice hot supper each night. My boys LOVE soup! I don't mind cooking if I have the time. The boys and Dennis loved having a home-cooked meal every night. No trips to the grocery store this week either! I had plenty to eat from the freezer and pantry.
2. We have not move the car at all since Monday night. Since school was called off, we all stayed home. I don't mind staying at home. I would all the time if I could.
3. No internet shopping (Sunday - Friday) since the boys used the computers to play games. I did order something today but it was a necessity and cheaper online than at the local stores. Oh, I almost forgot, I did order child #2 a new iPod but he had cash in hand for that purchase. He had saved his money for this purchase.
4. I used Swagbucks to earn points to trade in for Amazon cards.
Not so frugal things from Week 1:
1. I am afraid that the first week of February was not so frugal since we ate out a lot that week. This was due to long work days for me. I really need to avoid those. Unfortunately, when you work two jobs, something has to give. See there? I am justifying again to myself! I need to stop that as well. I need to plan better!
2. Lots of trips here and there that could have been combined.
3. I bought things for Valentine's Day that I ended up not giving due to the snow. I could give them late but somehow it loses it charm....
Any tips for being frugal?