Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another bee sting

Yes, you guessed it! Deniska got stung yet again today by another yellow jacket/bee. This time he stepped on it while he was outside. He didn't have his shoes on (can't blame him for this, I don't wear mine either half the time!) This time I poured vinegar over the sting and then had him hold a paper towel with vinegar on it directly on the sting. He said it quit hurting quicker than when we use the baking soda paste. I gave him a Benadryl and told him to lay down. He's asking for dinner so he is not in too much pain!

2 comments:

  1. Susan,

    I'm glad to hear the vinegar worked for him. I poured it on a washcloth and just held it there for awhile - kept doing it for a few times in the evening. By the next day, all the red was gone and it didn't hurt at all!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - thank you! I didn't think about using a washcloth of all things! I will do that next time. He said it really did work better than the baking soda paste. I noticed that the swelling and redness was gone the next day instead of days later.

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.