Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Boys!

I took this picture of Nicholas because he was being so funny and I needed a laugh. Today has not been a great day with the boys. They have been cranky and I hate being the bad mom, but sometimes you just have to let them know you mean business. Nikolai has had 2 time-outs and it's not even mid-afternoon. He is back to his normal, grouchy self. *sigh* Deniska was weepy today. He cried because I told him not to make fun of his brother at lunch. I don't think they are getting enough sleep. Tonight will be an early bedtime to see if we can remedy that problem. Still, all in all, they are good boys. They both helped me clean the house this morning and they do an excellent job. I can't complain.


Our book for today was Before You Were Mine by Maribeth Boelts. In "this book a boy wonders and questions what his dog’s life was like before he found his new forever home. Was the dog well taken care of, do his old owners miss him, did he get lost or was he given up? This charmingly illustrated book gently teaches children how a pet should be cared for and shows the good that can be done by rescuing a pet." This book is one of the South Carolina Picture Book Award Nominees 2009/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.