Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just an ordinary day

Nothing new to report today. The boys played, I did whatever it is I do when I am home all day. I don't know how the whole day goes by and I have no clue what all I did even though I know I was busy all day! Deniska weathered the yellow jacket sting and seems to be doing better with this sting than in the past. His arm is still red, warm to the touch, and slightly swollen. I have kept him on Benadryl today.

Our book for today was: Chickens to the Rescue by John Himmelman. It's Nikolai's favorite book. Out of the chicken coop rush a crowd of helpful hens, ready to do their rescue for each day of the week. On Monday, clad in diving gear, swim suits, etc. they retrieve Farmer Greenstalk's watch from the well. On Tuesday, they take over the kitchen to make dinner for his tired wife. When the dog eats young Jeffrey's book report due Wednesday, it's a flurry of researching and typing to save the day. Thursday, the runaway truck requires rescue; Friday it's the cow; Saturday the sheep. Each rescue is frantic, funny, and a little wild. So the chickens have earned their Sunday rest. The salivating pigs happily on their way to do the clean-up of Emily's spilled cereal add a final laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.