Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

Baby, it's cold outside is not joke today! This morning when I got up it was 18 degrees outside. On the way to work. Dennis said it was 14 degrees! That is just too cold for us. The wind chill made it feel like -4 degrees!! We are just not used to such cold weather. I think they are calling for snow flurries on Friday. Yikes! One flake of snow here and we close things down, roll up the sidewalk, and wait for warmer days! There will be the customary run on milk and bread - all the stores will sell out of these items. And those folks from other places who moved here, will laugh at us and make fun of us for staying at home. Yet, we have no car accidents or fatalities due to snow because we are smart enough to stay inside all toasty and warm! So, who's laughing now?!

Oh, and Dean Martin and Doris Day, still rock in my book!





2 comments:

  1. Okay Susan, that's pretty cold, even for here. Yes, it seems wise to avoid accidents during snow. But you just can't close down the entire north for months at a time! We have to keep going, for the snow is continuous!

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.