Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Plan Menu

For Lent, Dennis and I gave up eating out or bringing it home.  This is our third week of preparing and eating at home.  I admit that it is quite a challenge to come home after a long day of work and cook.  Thank goodness that Dennis is usually the one who cleans up while I help the boys with their homework.  And, thank goodness that none of us are picky eaters.  The boys will eat anything I give them.  I do use a rating system for each meal and have them tell me on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being I don't ever want this again to 10 being I could eat this every day.  I have found that the scale system allows them to tell me that they didn't like something without hurting my feelings.  It is interesting to hear their reasoning on why they did or didn't like a certain meal.  I am happy to report that the lowest rating has been a 4 and that came from me!

This has been hard on all of us.  The other side of the coin is that we are enjoying home cooked meals, our budget is healthier, our food is healthier, and I think the boys are over their McDonald's withdrawal pains!   I did buy a new stainless steel mixing bowl to use for food preparation.  I think we will continue eating at home after Lent.  Our meals are simple as you can see, but that is what we like.

Monday - Cabbage with polish sausage

Tuesday - BBQ Chicken, corn on the cob, turnip greens

Wednesday- Nachos (hamburger meat, salsa, cheese, onions, tomatoes, spinach, tortilla chips)

Thursday - Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli 

Friday- Salmon patties, green beans, brownies, rolls popcorn shrimp, mac and cheese, cake with chocolate icing

Saturday- homemade pepperoni pizza, salad

Sunday- burritos, peaches, leftovers from the week

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Susan
    I am smiling because your menu for this weeks looks so much like what we ate last week.
    We had nachos like yours Friday -Bobby and Gavin both gobbled them up.
    Saturday was barbecued chicken
    Sunday was pepperoni pizzas -with Jimmy as my assistant.

    We don't eat out much anymore, just don't enjoy it and it is so expensive.
    If you really don't want to eat fast food, you should watch King Corn and Food. Inc both movies really changed our minds about eating very much processed foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    I am a bit behind on my reading - good for you to try eating at home. We don't eat out often because we both enjoy cooking and have found some great things to make at home. Eating in DOES create a healthier budget!!

    ReplyDelete

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.