Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2 of Thankfulness

Today, I am thankful for my church and for my faith.  I serve an awesome God.  I could write for hours and not even touch the goodness He has given me.  What I do want to talk about today is my church, St. Mary's Catholic Church.  We drive an hour away from our home to attend this church every week.  Isn't she beautiful? 

Come on in with me.  This is a picture of coming in the back door - or would that be the front door?  Church is the only place I know where you walked through the front door only to be in the back. 


A picture of the altar.  We like to sit in the very front so we can see.  I attribute this to playing the organ and piano in my Baptist church as I was growing up.  I got used to sitting in front and now I am too old to change.

I know that worshiping is not totally about the building.  I don't think anyone would argue that one.  But, I do think the building can aide and get you in the right spirit.  As you can gather, our church is a formal church.  For me and my family, it works.  This is a picture of the stain glass in the choir loft.  Such sacred, beautiful music always comes from here.  Music really moves me to worship.  St. Augustine is credited for the saying, "He who sings, prays twice."



But if it seem evil to you to serve the Lord, you have your choice: choose this day that which pleaseth you, whom you would rather serve, whether the gods which your fathers served in Mesopotamia, or the gods of the Amorrhites, in whose land you dwell: but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. ~ Joshua 24:15

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore, and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more.